Ready to take your backyard beekeeping to the next level?
This class is designed for Beginner Beekeepers with 0 – 3 years experiences and will focus on techniques and tasks for keeping your bees healthy and thriving.
This is a continuation of The Beecharmers’ Beginner Beekeeping Class and some basic beekeeping knowledge is helpful to join in during this hands-on, interactive class. Anyone is welcome to attend, prior attendance at The Beecharmers or other beekeeping classes is not required.
- Honey Bee Communication
- Managing Your Hives with the Seasons
- Splitting and Combining
- When and How to Requeen
- Nutrition and Feeding: When, What, How?
- Overwintering Strategies
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Tactics
- Varroa Mite Life Cycle and Interventions
- Diseases of the Brood
- Late Summer/Fall Inspections & Troubleshooting
- Honey & Other Products of the Hive